Sunday, January 03, 2010

First Proofs

It’s a strange term, because first proofs are the final chance I have to review the manuscript for the Darkening Archipelago before it goes to the printer on January 25th.

I’ve been holed up in Banff, Alberta this week, staying at a friend’s condo while she is away over the New Year. Jenn and I have been skiing every day, and I’ve been rising early to work on a new book called The End of the Line, and to review the D.A. It’s a little nerve wracking; of course I’m finding mistakes, and there are sections of the book that I might change a few words in if I had the opportunity to write them over, but otherwise, I’m reasonably happy with the manuscript as it stands.

It’s hard to believe that the story that I laid out on a 20 foot long roll of butcher paper in the tiny library at Hollyhock almost four years ago is finally going to see the light of day in less than two months.

No comments: